IN THE FIRST RAINS..........


That was an evening of the first rains;
I was walking along the long hazy road
by your side
My fingers tangled with yours,
My head on your shoulder,
your lips caressing my hair.
The red shawl wrapped around both us
barely preventing us from getting drenched
Your body pressed against mine, all wet
yet the warmth of your body
fighting against the cruel monsoon winds
to defend me from its gelidity;
As fought the prince, from the old fairy tale
against the cruel witch,
to protect the princess
The showers of bliss pouring from above
as if trying to quench the fire
of our burning heart
But still it could not stop your wet lips
from touching mine
for the first time
Oh! what a moment of ecstasy it was!
when our lips locked each other.

That first touch of your lips
in that evening of the first rains
is the last reminiscence of our togetherness
.

1 comment: