SO NEAR...YET SO FAR





Beneath the giant oak tree
He kneels.
With a red rose in his hands.
In the old church graveyard.
Before him a gravestone stands.
I sit just beside him.
As the moonlight gleams his eyes
They shimmer like a teeming mere.
He looks up to the sky.
His lips are sealed
But he speaks a thousand words
Of love that I can feel.
A lonely tear moistenes his cheeks.
I reach out for it to wipe
But I cant touch him.
This feeling I cannot describe.
I watch him cry,I watch him pine.
Like a sook,I watch him, whine.
I yearn to spiel
To consol him.
But I stay quiet and silently scream.

We are so near
And yet so far.
A chasm between us that'll never disappear.
By the game of the cruel fate,
We are apart by life and death.

On the grave stone that bears my name
He keeps the rose
And lights a candle flame.
The flickering blaze of the candle light
Makes the cenotaph blessed and bright.

I want him to stop
I want him to stay.
But I blankly stare
As he walks away..
.



No comments:

Post a Comment